Official Release: Windows VII: Explorer Taskbar (Stock): Version 1.0
Update: The .zip version of the uncompressed files can be downloaded here [link]
Note: This official release has been inspired by, and is the stock version of [link]
1. Install Rainmeter, or if Rainmeter is already installed, proceed to step 2. If Rainmeter is not installed, procure here [link]
2. Download the .rmskin installable file [link]
3. Double right-click the .rmskin installable file and accept the installation notification.
1. Elegant "glass" theme inspired by Windows Aero. The taskbar body is glass-themed, as well as the subsequent drop down menus and displays for various links and icons.
2. Windows Aero blur is enabled behind the taskbar in order to deliver a quality desktop display.
3. The Home icon, or the Start icon, is themed in a popular, yet unique, Mac-style with an added splash of Windows.
4. The menu headers are customized to present the user with the most common and popular Windows selection available. Right-clicking the menu headers will subsequently display a glass-themed drop down menu with varying options. In effect, this release is meant to be used by virtually any user running Windows.
5. The System Tray is emulated after the Windows system tray. It is not populated to match or meet the features of the Windows system tray.
6. The Network icon is a stylized emulation based on the Windows Network tray icon. Hovering over the Network icon will display core network statistics, such as: your connected SSID, your upload and download rates, as well as useful information regarding function.
7. The Volume icon is a stylized emulation based on the Windows Volume tray icon. Hovering over the Volume icon will display core system sound statistics, such as: your output audio hardware device, your system volume in percent format, as well as useful information regarding function.
8. The Time and Date display is unique to the taskbar, in which the day of the week is displayed in an extended, or long format. The hours and minutes chronometer is designed to display the time in military format. The month of the year is elegantly displayed in an extended, or long format. The day of the month, as well as the year, are displayed in a conventional numerical format. Each aspect beautifully complimenting the other. Hovering over the Time and Date display will display core system Time and Date information, such as: the day of the week in extended or long format, the month of the year in extended or long format, the day of the month in numerical format, the year in numerical format, as well as useful information regarding function.
9. Below the Time and Date display, the Core System Statistics are displayed in a very streamlined manner. The CPU, RAM and Battery Output are each displayed adjacent to one another with their outputs in an easy to read, and easy to figure out, percent format.
10. Right-clicking the Home icon, or the Start icon, will open a new Window, the Libraries folder.
11. Right-clicking the Folders header will subsequently display a drop down menu with the following directories: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos, and Recycling Bin.
12. Right-clicking the Programs header will subsequently display a drop down menu with the following program applications: Calculator, Internet Explorer, Notepad, Paint, Solitaire, and Windows Media Player.
13. Right-clicking the Tools header will subsequently display a drop down menu with the following management controls: Command Prompt, Control Panel, Device Manager, Event Viewer, Registry Editor, System Configuration, and Task Manager.
14. Right-clicking the Windows header will subsequently display a drop down menu with the following Windows utilities: Help and Support, Network, Power Options, Remote Assistance, Uninstall Programs, User Accounts, and Windows Update.
15. Right-clicking the System Tray will subsequently display a drop down display and menu with the following Windows power functions: Switch User, Restart, and Hibernate.
16. Right-clicking the Network icon will subsequently display a drop down display with the following network statistics: connected SSID, WiFi signal strength, LAN IP address, WAN IP address, upload rate, download rate, histogram for upload rate, and histogram for download rate.
17. Right-clicking the Volume icon will subsequently display a drop down display with the following core system sound statistics and features: output audio hardware device, mute button, sound bar measuring system sound levels, system sound levels in percent format, as well as bidirectional arrows allowing the user to either increase or decrease the system sound levels. Scrolling the mouse wheel up or down will have the same effect as right-clicking the bidirectional sound control arrows.
18. Right-clicking the Time and Date display will display the system Time and Date configuration and preferences Window.
19. The taskbar updates every 1 second, refreshing the Network icon hover display, the Network drop down display, the Network histogram display, the Volume icon hover display, the Volume drop down display, the Time and Date display, and the Core System Statistics Display.
1. I am not obligated to share anymore information than has already been presented in this description.
2. I am not obligated to trace the sources of my sources source code to the original developer.
3. I am not obligated to accredit individuals who don't have the foresight to license their work under the Creative Commons, or higher, licensure agreement.
4. I am not obligated to share the source code of my work or personal development with any individual.
5. I am not your benefactor, do not ask me to customize your desktop in any way.
6. This release has been developed for Windows 7. Do not expect it to be compatible with any other version of Windows other than Windows 7. Albeit, it may be, if it is not, you were warned.
7. You are free, as in free speech, to download, modify and redistribute this free, as in free beer, release as long as you include a link to the original source of your material.
8. Yes, I did steal code, in the same way I stole these words from the Dictionary. I linked my victims in the credits.
9. Rainmeter is a required installation in order to make use of this release.
Credits: Thank you, to all of you who've worked so hard to make this release a reality.